← Home Thingscon 2019
Our Two-day program
This the full Thingscon 2019 program overview. We will announce details of the talks, un-conference tracks, workshops and more over the coming weeks.
Day 1 – Thursday December 12
Day 1 of Thingscon 2019 we will shape the future narratives of the responsible IoT and beyond together. You can dive deep with peers, thought leaders, innovators, and researchers from the ThingsCon community and beyond.
08:30 Have a coffee, make a badge and mingle
09:30 Listen to opening keynote by Heather Wiltse
10:15 Shape future narratives in one of 4 unconference-style tracks:
– How do we shape a responsible society?
– How do we shape a responsible design practice?
– How do we shape responsible IoT into successful products?
– How do we shape the future of human and non-human relationships in public space?
13:00 Have lunch
14:00 Shape future narratives in 4 un-conference tracks (round 2)*
16:30 Share and enjoy outcomes of unconference tracks
17:30 Listen to closing keynote
18:00 Have drinks
19:00 Go for dinner
* From 14:00 – 16:30 students can participate in the Thingscon Student Master Class on Smart Home.
Day 2 – Friday December 13
Day 2 of Thingscon 2019 is about the current state of the responsible IoT. You can get inspiration from thought leaders and practitioners from the field, get hands-on with the latest tools & insights and be part of the leading discours. To end Thingscon will present a State of the Responsible IoT in 2019.
Our program for day two is:
09:00 Have a coffee, make a badge (if you haven’t already) and mingle
09:45 Listen to keynote Marleen Stikker
10:30 Select one of the 7 workshops and sessions to join. Topics are (details follow soon):
– Responsible tech (talks + discussion)
– Human and nonhuman interactions (talks + workshop)
– Embedded coding (maker session)
– Lora (maker session)
– Mobility (workshop)
– Storytelling (talks + discussion)
– Cities (talks + discussion)
11:00 Join a session/workshop and get to know the latest responsible tech tools and insights or be part of the leading discourse.
13:00 Have lunch and visit the exhibition
14:00 Listen to presentations and responsible IoT cases from the field
– Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino
– Irini Mirena Papadimitriou
– IoT Cases
15:30 Have a break and get to know each other
16:15 Listen to presentations
– Tracy Rolling
– Klasien van de Zandschulp
17:15 Grand finale:
– Learn about outcomes unconference tracks
– Enjoy outcomes of ThingsCon Student Master Class on Smart Home
– Presentation (and more) on the State of the Responsible IoT in 2019
18:00 Have drinks
During the whole day you can visit an exposition of interesting IoT work, critique and student projects.