Rotterdam 6 — 7 Dec It's time for a system reboot.
Smart for Good
Thursday, December 6, 15:15-17:15h
Smart City could be the biggest buzz word echoing in innovation-land. Digital technology may help us rearrange challenges like energy, security and mobility. But the topic is way more complex than most LinkedIn posts let you believe. Sure, yes, Rotterdam would like to digitize, but only on its own terms and conditions: useful, fair and people driven. Hence, a circle of Rotterdam frontrunners present a joint agenda.
With the Rotterdam School of Management (EUR), Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics, Venture Café, V2_ Institute for Instable Media, ThingsCon, Blocklab, Livework, The Incredible Machine,Grassroots Business Lab, Rotterdam Partners en Wolfpack;
Contributions include critical research, open data platforms, new hardware and radical business models – up to new curriculum for business managers and a lab for humanizing smart.
- What problems do we want to solve?
- Who owns the data, the new infrastructures and the algorithms?
- How much may technology take over from humans?
- What can our own businesses and knowledge institutions effectuate?
- What are the new revenue models and who will profit?